We are looking for memes and designed slogans that can be printed either as stickers or printed on clothing, by October 17, 2023.
The theme of Feministeerium’s creative competition is gender inequality in all its forms: from structural economic inequality to inadequate laws protecting against violence, gender self-confidence and euphoria, the educational gap and population growth fanaticism. Gender equality has often been viewed separately from other inequalities, but today’s feminists must confront gender injustice as well as socio-economic inequality between regions. Both informative and humorous pictures and sentences are welcome.
Guiding questions for inspiration:
- What are your feminist messages?
- What is gender?
- What issues does gender equality stand for?
- What is a feminist culture of consent?
- What are the current social issues that affect the sexes differently?
- What is the relation between economic inequality and gender inequality?
- What is the present situation in welfare work? What about the future?
- What is the role of gender in climate justice?
The prize fund of the competition is 2,500 euros, which will be divided between up to five authors of the best designs. The best ones will be chosen by the editors of the Feministeerium. The exact designs of hoodies, T-shirts, hats or cloth bags as well as posters and stickers will be decided in cooperation with the authors.
Take into account the following conditions when making a competition entry:
- Up to three designs can be submitted by one participant.
- To create a message, you can use studies, analyses and opinion pieces, fiction, etc. about inequality in Estonia and Europe.
- Humor is welcome but not required.
Send your questions and competition entries to email@example.com.